The Benefits Of Awning Windows
- Small awning windows can be strategically placed to provide natural light and ventilation while maintaining security and privacy.
- Can be placed high on your wall so people won’t be able to see in or easily use them to access your house.
- They are ideal for wet climates. Many homeowners choose to leave their awning windows open during inclement weather since their design prevents rain from entering the house.
- You maximize the use of internal space and natural light by installing awning windows near the top of your wall. You won’t have to worry about your furniture or electronics obscuring the window.
- Rated Most Efficient by Energy Star
Functional Ventilation When Opened
Awning Windows can be positioned higher on walls than other window styles due to the way their sashes open. This elevated position not only allows for more natural light to enter your home but also allows for better ventilation. You can also adjust the amount of airflow you want because an awning window’s hinged ash allows you to open it as much or as little as you choose.
Awning Windows are a fantastic window choice for moist areas since you can leave them open even during mild rainstorms. While the tilted design keeps rain out of your home, its design also offers benefits when closed. Awning windows provide a better weather-tight seal against air intrusion than other window styles, making them more energy-efficient.
Where To Install Awning Windows?
To preserve privacy or useful wall space, awning windows that are wider than they are tall are generally put higher up on a wall. To increase circulation, bring in natural light, and enhance views, they can also be positioned over doors or larger windows.
Because Awning Windows are often smaller in size than Double-Hung Windows, Casements Windows, or Glider Windows, they are a wonderful choice to pair with non-operable windows, such as Picture Windows. Their small size also allows them to be mounted high on the wall and operated with a turn of the handle, making basements a frequent place for Awning Windows as well. Here are some of the most popular spaces we’ve replaced Awning Windows for homeowners:
Have Questions Ask the Experts
Awning Windows are versatile and come in many designs, styles, shapes, and sizes. No matter what you have in mind for your awning windows, Green Eco Solutions can help. Are you looking for more information on industry-leading awning windows that are built to last and outstrip the competition in nearly every way? Green Eco Guardian Elite Series Awning Windows are the perfect option for you. Contact us today to schedule your free window replacement estimate!